Monday, May 23, 2011

Mission Statement

I am a high carb girl living in a low carb world.

I love bread. There, I said it. I love bread. Good bread; chewy, fresh bread with a crust for which teeth are required; bread that will hold up when dunked into soups or used as a mop to sop up a sauce. I also love pasta, rice and potatoes. See where I am heading?

I discovered not too long ago that eating these foods make me retain water. So much so that my blood pressure is way too high and by an evening's end, my ankles look like softballs. My love of all things carby also contributes to my weight. I need to lose weight. The weight thing is also a main factor in the blood pressure issue... so I am resigning myself to a life without these things. It ain't gonna be easy.

I've been working on this for a month now. I've lost 20 lbs. My fingers have lost most of their "little smokey sausage" appearance and my ankles look much better at the end of the day. I saw my doctor a couple of days ago and he says my blood pressure had come down a good bit. What was I doing differently?

In this blog I will chronicle my journey. Oh man, I hate myself. After watching "The Biggest Loser" for 6 seasons in a row I swore I would kill myself if I ever used the term "weight loss journey." Damn. Oh well, killing myself would be counter-productive at this point. I was slowly killing myself with unhealthy food and carb loading.

Here we go...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Good for you for starting this blog - low carb doesn't mean Atkins and truck loads of bacon. Protein isn't just about meat. xoxo U-Know-Who

    ReplyDelete